Uncover the diversity with this fabulous journey around South India. Explore the myths and legends of the sacred temples coupled with the laid back rural highlights. Travel from Chennai "the Gateway to South India" to the colonial city of Cochin via beaches, temples, villages, wildlife and backwaters.
- Special 1st August departure to visit the exciting snake boat race festival
- Visit to UNESCO World heritage sites of Mahabalipuram
- Guaranteed departure even with 2 paying person
- Walk in the rural village of Kanadukathan
- Witness the evening prayer ceremony at the famed Meenakshi Temple
- Enjoy a walk in the spice plantation
- Relax with a soothing Ayurveda/Spa experience at your hotel
- Explore lush tropical landscapes of backwaters from a comfort of houseboat
- Loose yourself in the 16th century streets of Fort Kochi and explore the wealth of colonial architecture
HOTELS AND ACCOMODATIONS
|CITY||NO. OF NIGHTS|
- Accommodation on twin/double sharing basis at listed hotels above or equivalent (standard category of room)
- Assistance on arrival/departure by an experienced office representative
- Traditional Indian welcome with non-alcoholic drink
- Buffet breakfast at hotel
- Transportation using the services of an air-conditioned vehicle for all transfers, sightseeing and excursions as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to monuments and national park
- Services of local English speaking tour guide for all sightseeing and excursions
- One night stay in houseboat including all meals
- Spice Plantation tour in Periyar
- Kathakali dance show in Cochin
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges, Interstate taxes
- Daily 01 bottle of Mineral Water on per person basis during sightseeing and drives-500 ml
- All current applicable taxes
- Any special meal other than those specified in the itinerary and has been quoted as "OPTIONAL"
- Any alcoholic/non alcoholic drinks
- Mineral water during meals
- Camera fees, Porte rage, Tips, Gratuities etc
- Things of personal nature like laundry, telephone, spa, drinks, room service etc.
- Any kind of Insurance
- Any Domestic/International flight charges
- Any other supplement or item which is not listed in above inclusions
- Any welcome/farewell gift
- Entrances to the monuments
DETAILED TOUR PROGRAM :
DAY 01 Arrival Chennai and transfer to Mamallapuram
Pickup from Chennai airport and transfer to Mamallapuram . (Overnight stay in Mamallapuram)
DAY 02 Mamallapuram
Proceed for "History walk of Mamallapuram" is an interesting walk that takes you to all important monuments in this area covering The Arjuna`s Penance (Bass Relief) and onward visiting monuments of Five rathas (symbolises equality of men & women) & the famous Shore temple. Apart from the monuments we also visit to a Sculpture studio. Evening free to relax on the beach. Overnight stay in Mamallapuram
DAY 03 Mamallapuram to Kumbakonam
Drive to Kumbakkonam – a small typical Indian town. Enroute visit temple at Gangaikonda Cholapuram. Check in and later visit Darasuram, further more you will be taken for a special visit to the Silk Weaving untouched by regular tourist. (Overnight at hotel in Kumbakkonam)
DAY 04 Kumbakonam (Day excursion to Tanjore)
morning drive to Tanjore visit the fine collection of Chola bronzes at the Raja Museum and the famous Brihadeshwara Temple, built by the Chola ruler Raja Raja. Special visit to experience the art of statue making and glass. Later drive back to Kumbakonam for overnight stay.
DAY 05 Kumbakonam to Madurai via Kanadukathan
Drive to Madurai En-route visit Kanadukaathan village where you can see the girls threading garlands of jasmine, and the stalls selling bangles and biscuits, women bent double sowing rice in emerald-green paddy fields. stop at a small temple built around a banyan tree, where almost life-sized clay horses are ranged in rows as offerings to the gods, the churning of butter and the drawing of water from a well, Later drive to Madurai
DAY 06 Madurai
This morning visit the beautiful Meenakshi Temple later to the Palace of Tirumalai Nayak. After refreshment precede for Cycle rickshaw tour around Madurai city gives you a memorable experience of this ancient city. You drive through the narrow streets and lanes of Madurai showing the typical life of local people. Evening, re-visit the Meenakshi Temple to witness the evening prayer ceremony at the temple. Overnight stay in Madurai.
DAY 07 Madurai to Periyar
Morning Checkout and drive to Periyar or Thekkady is located in Idukki district. On arrival check into hotel. Evening enjoy a visit to Spice Plantation. See various species of spices and other aromatic plants/herbs. The guide will explain about the usage of different spices in Indian cuisine.
Meals included: Breakfast - Overnight stay in Periyar
DAY 08 Periyar
Morning you have an option to leave for a guided walk in the national park. Evening enjoy the Kalaripayatu performance, a local traditional martial arts form. Overnight stay in Periyar.
DAY 09 Periyar to Alleppey
Morning checkout and drive to Alleppey embark on a "Kettuvallam", the traditional trading vessel of this beautiful coastal region and cruise on the backwater. The boat will stop in villages for you to experience a glimpse of the village life in rural Kerala.
(Overnight stay in houseboat)
DAY 10 Alleppey to Cochin
Morning checkout from houseboat and drive to Cochin. On arrival check in. Later afternoon visit to the Jewish Synagogue (Closed on Friday & Saturday) built in 1568. Later visit the Mattancherry Palace (closed on Friday), built by the Portuguese in 1555. The Palace was presented to the Raja of Cochin as a gesture of goodwill. Evening visit an auditorium to watch the famous dance drama of Kerala, the Kathakali. This dance is characterised by some great story telling, amazing costumes and extensive make-up. Overnight stay in Cochin.
DAY 11 Departure transfer to Cochin airport
Morning checkout and drive to Cochin airport for onward flight
Operate two group one with English speaking guide and other group with German speaking guide